Telephone Communications Inc (TCI) has an opening for an Electronic Security Systems Technician II. TCI is one of the top alarm companies in Northeast Alabama and is expanding our reach in the area. TCI is also a leading low-voltage general contractor and IT services firm. TCI is located in Anniston, AL and services a 90 mile radius around the Greater Calhoun, Etowah, Marshall, Talladega, and St. Clair Counties Area. The position of Electronic Security Systems Technician II is to be filled by a person who is honest, hard-working, self-starter, team-oriented, and looking for employment longevity. If you possess the necessary below qualifications and want to be a part of a highly service-oriented company, then send your resume to email@example.com.
- Establishes security, video surveillance, access control, and fire alarm services by installing and servicing security, video surveillance, access control and fire alarm systems and equipment; verifying system performance; maintaining records.
- Plans service calls and installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; if needed, preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, and terminating cables; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; coordinating with other contractors.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying vehicle stock, placing order requests, and verifying delivery.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhances organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Associate degree in an Electronics related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience in electronic security installation and troubleshooting.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain industry standard and State of Alabama alarm technician certifications, such as NTS Technician Level I / Level II and NICET Level I / Level II / Level III.
- Understanding of basic electronic troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of local area network technologies is helpful.
- Ability to manage service requests and multi-task.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain electronic security hardware, software, and related equipment.
- Ability to analyze information and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to solve problems concisely and efficiently.
- Self-starter, but able to work with a team.
- Strong ability to communicate, verbally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
Pay packages include a hourly pay rate based upon experience with group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, 401(K) retirement, vacation time, personal time, regularly scheduled performance reviews, and a team-oriented work environment that gives you the opportunity to make a difference every day.